FOBG Annual Spring Plant Sale
Friday, April 21 , 10 – 7
Saturday, April 22 , 10 – 4
Salem’s Riverfront Park Pavilion*
Save the dates for the Friends of Bush Gardens 34th Annual Spring Plant Sale, The Riverside Plant Sale, at Salem’s Riverfront Park Pavilion and north lawn. This is the same site as last year, providing more parking, easier access, and greater visibility.
An outstanding selection of plants will be available from some of Mid-Willamette Valley’s most dedicated growers of unusual plants.**
This year’s special feature is our GARDEN DESIGN CLINIC on Friday from 10am to 2pm. (See below for programming details closer to the sale.) So come Celebrate EARTH DAY, talk with our knowledgeable growers, and load up with organic vegetable starts, herbs, native plants, etc. All proceeds benefit Bush’s Pasture Park. Visa and Mastercard will be accepted.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.588.2410. See list of growers below.
*Salem’s Riverfront Park Pavilion is located at the north end of the park - access via Union St. off Front St. (near Gilbert House Children’s Museum).
We’ll look for you ‘Down by the River Side.’
**List of Growers
- Fabulous Perennials & Shrubs from Dancing Oaks, Out in the Garden Nursery, Garden Thyme Nursery, & Egan Gardens
- Japanese Maples and Dwarf Conifers from Arbutus Garden Art
- Van Hevelingen’s huge Herb Selection
- Native Plants from White Oak Farm & Wild Ginger Farm
- Alpine Plants from Wild Ginger Farm
- Unusual Shrubs and Trees from Gossler’s Nursery
- Organically grown Tomato Plants from Teal Creek Farms
- Organic Vegetable Starts from Minto Island Growers
- More Vegetable Starts from Garden Thyme Nursery
- Sedums & Unusual Sempervivems from Perennial Obsessions
- Hanging Baskets and choice Annuals for planters & beds from Egans
- Tulip Bulbs (dug from Bush’s Pasture Park)
- Rhododendron Flower Show & Sale
- Botanical Drawings on cards, tea towels, etc. from Aislinn Adams Design
- Garden Art from Gina’s Metal Designs
Garden Design Clinic: Friday, April 21: 10am – 2pm
- 10am – noon:“Big Design Ideas for Smaller Urban Lots: Converting your Lawnscape into a Garden Paradise.” Liz Powers, The Garden Angels
- Noon – 1pm: “Planting in Layers – mimicking the woodland garden in designer colors with maples, conifers, and perennials. Norm Jacobs, Arbutus Garden Arts
- 1pm – 1:30pm: “Special plant combinations for shade” (open mike, plant sale vendors, etc.)
- 1:30 – 2:00pm: “Special plantings for a sunny garden” (open mike, plant sale vendors, etc.
Art Fair Plant Sale
Salem's Bush's Pasture Park
(near Bush House)
Cool plants in the heat of summer
July 21, 22 & 23
Fri & Sat: 10 – 7 Sun: 10 – 5
No admission. Easy pick-up by car.
Visa & MC accepted
Mid-July is a wonderful time of year to add that extra spark of color or texture to your garden or deck and, in the process, support much needed enhancements in our fabulous Bush’s Pasture Park.
See you in the Summertime!
List of Growers
- Arbutus Garden Art – dwarf conifers & Japanese maples
- Dancing Oaks Nursery – extensive collection of unusual perennials & shrubs
- Egan Gardens, Inc – perennials & outstanding annuals
- Garden Thyme Nursery – wide selection of perennials, including old-fashioned varieties
- Gossler Farms – select collection of unusual perennials, shrubs & trees
- Nowlen’s Bridge Perennials – perennials for shade
- Perennial Obsessions – sedums & unusual sempervivems
- White Oak Farm – native plants,& wondrous lilies, etc
- Wild Ginger Farm – alpine plants, many suited for drought
- Van Hevelingen Herb Nursery – herbs galore